Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Feasting upon the words of Christ... and also food

I am definitely well fed in this mission. Each week, I usually come home at least one night with a bag a food members send us home with. We also got asked by multiple members we stopped by last night if we were hungry. Definitely not.

This week was just a regular week. More meeting with members, more trying to find people to teach. We did contact a few member referrals, and they could have some potential. We dropped more people.

We did some service this week. We played bingo with some people in a small care center. That was fun. At the end, we sang a few songs. Some of the people there are members, so they joined us in singing, and it was just really sweet. We plan to go back in coming weeks.

We also had exchanges on Wednesday to Thursday. That was a lot of fun. I was with Sister Johnson, and she is just so enthusiastic and energetic when it comes to the gospel and sharing it. She really is awesome, and is an awesome missionary. I learned a lot from her on that exchange. 

This week, I also really saw the importance of having the Spirit with me as I study the scriptures. There were multiple times when I had understanding of scripture passages that I never really understood before. It was really a neat experience. I mean, I have had this happen before, but it was really prevalent this week.

Well, I love y'all!
Sister Smith

 Dog pics ðŸ˜Š


Missionary parking

Went to take a selfie with the timer, and I dropped my iPad. This was the resulting picture

Normal pic with Sister Johnson

Tan line from wearing the same shoes almost everyday

Nicole- she just graduated high school and is planning to come out with us often to try to prepare herself for if she goes on a mission

No comments:

Post a Comment