Tuesday, April 25, 2017

These are a few of my favorite things

Now that you have that song stuck in your head, on Thursday I was able to go to the temple, have Canes for dinner, and pet a German shepherd and a German shepherd puppy. So I was happy because these are a few of my favorite things haha
Something that was funny was I went to the church service at the care center in our area, and I was taking one of the women back to her room and I asked her what her favorite part of the service was. Her response was, "Probably the nap I took in the middle of it." 😂
Anyways, nothing overly exciting happened this week. We did find out that one of our new investigators lives in our area. We weren't 100% sure that she did, but we talked to her again this week, and we were able to get a better idea of where she lives, so we are excited about that.
Last Monday, my companion hurt her ankle. You're probably all shocked that it wasn't me. But with that, we had to adjust some of our plans because she couldn't ride her bike. And then her bike had another problem, so we were without bikes for a bit this week. But we made it work, and members who are willing to help are a blessing. 
I also gave a training in our district meeting, and I was able to use a principle in chemical engineering and apply it to missionary work #nerdlife But someone said it made a lot of sense to them and really helped them, so at least someone besides myself benefited from it.  Other than that, not much else happened.
I just want to share something from my personal study. I may have
shared this before, but I absolutely love it. In 1 Nephi 11, Nephi is receiving an interpretation of his father's dream. I love verses 16 and 17: "...Knowest thou the condescension of God? 17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." Nephi didn't know everything, but he know that God loves His children. Then in verse 26 it says: "Look and behold the condescension of God," and Nephi sees Christ life. Cross referencing these verses with John 3:16, we can see that God really does love us because He gave us Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is a symbol of God's love, and we know that Christ loves us. We should emulate that love for everyone around us.
I love you guys!
Sister Smith
Baby hedgehog (whose name unfortunately isn't Sonic)

Sometimes, candy stays intact in the mail. Sometimes, it doesn't...

Sister Brown and I.  We have a joke when we are together that it is "Sister Smith and Sister Brown" because they are super basic names


4 people and 2 seats turn into this

Comparison of Sister Leavitt and I my first transfer....

...and than this past week at the temple

No comments:

Post a Comment