Tuesday, February 28, 2017

We need a miracle!

So we had zone conference this week and we were playing zone feud
(family feud) and my zone was down like 10 points to 0. There was a
question and President clarified that the answer didn't have to be a
miracle, but I said out loud, "but we need a miracle!"
Also, I was able to make the congregation laugh at the adult session
of Stake Conference. They called all the missionaries up and they
asked some of us to say stuff. They asked if I had anything to say
since I was the last one and I used the missionary line of "I testify
to what my companion said, that it's true" and everyone laughed. So I
think that's an accomplishment haha

But yeah, this week was good. We had exchanges on Tuesday, so I got a
car back for a day! It was just a really good exchange. Then, zone
conference on Wednesday. We got to volunteer at the Phoenix marathon,
and I just thought to myself, "why do people do this?" But we just
cheered them on and then I helped prepare the cups of Gatorade to give
to the runners. It was fun. And then Stake Conference Saturday night
and Sunday morning. I basically heard the same messages as two weeks
ago, but it just shows me really what the focus is. We really need to
focus on keeping the sabbath day holy, going to the temple, and
applying the doctrine of Christ. These are so critical, and as we
apply the doctrine of Christ, we increase our faith in Heavenly
Father, Jesus Christ, and the Atonement of Christ. And then when can
more effectively share this message with others and spread the
blessings to everyone. I would encourage everyone to study and apply
the doctrine of Christ in your life and then share this message with
others. I know it can bless all of our lives!

Also, on Sunday, we spoke/taught at a care center since they have
their own little LDS service on Sundays. It's really awesome how many
people come even though they aren't members. Many come because it
makes them feel good, and that's really our main purpose in going
there other than giving the sacrament to those who are members. It
really is wonderful!

I hope y'all all are doing great! Love you!
Sister Smith
Exchanges with Sister Daniel

Sol Canyon Zone


Modeling the jacket I borrowed from a member because it was a

little chillier outside than I was expecting

 Gatorade job

District helping at the Phoenix Marathon


Missionary lunch today at Sister Cox's home

Me and Tug, Sister Cox's dog



No comments:

Post a Comment