Tuesday, December 6, 2016

More light than I bargained for

So this week in the adventures of Sister Csolity and I, we saw a flame be a source of light because a car caught on fire in front of our apartment, so I got to call 911. It was weird because after they got the address and stuff, they asked for my number and then my first name. It was weird responding to that question... haven't had to answer that question for awhile. It started as just a small little flame when we saw it, but it got bigger real quick. We don't know how it started, but we are glad we caught it before it really got out of hand. It was sad though because it was a car of a sweet old couple who went to the temple. 

We helped at Christmas Lights twice this past week and we also took an investigator. It really is amazing, and when you really stop and take time to think about what everything is and what it means, there is so much you can learn. As we were walking around with the investigator at the lights, we took the time to explain and talk about most of the things, and I could feel the Spirit testify that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. He truly loves us sooo much, and this season is a perfect time to grow our testimony of Him and thank Him for all that He has done. I loved in the Christmas Devotional last night, it was talked about the prophecies of Christ and then someone else talked about His life. As it was said, Christ's birth would not be complete with His death and resurrection. 

I love how the church also has the #LIGHTtheWORLD going on. It truly is amazing that we have ideas of small acts of service we can do each and every day to spread light now and to develop a habit of it so that after Christmas, we can continue to spread His light. It is also such a great way to become more like Christ and develop that love for others. 

Nothing else is too noteworthy from this week. 
I love you guys!
Sister Smith
FIRE ðŸ”¥

No dead body in the trunk (I think I watched too many crime shows before my mission lol)

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!


I love Brother Essa. He is hilarious! He sent us this text ðŸ˜‚



No comments:

Post a Comment