Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Brightening someone's day

We went to a member's home to visit her, and she was so upset because the top two parts of lights on her tree weren't working. But I was able to get them to work. So I literally and figuratively brightened someone's day.

So this week seemed long, but it was pretty good. There was lots of stuff going on. We worked Christmas Lights a couple of nights. On Friday, we had what's called a Mission Tour, which was from about 8:30am-3:30pm, so that took up a lot of time from our day/week, but it was really really great!

The Mission Tour was basically like a Zone Conference, but with half of the mission and then also a general authority. Elder Gavarett was the general authority that came. There was a lot that I learned from this meeting and had questions answered. I think one of the biggest things I was reminded of is that miracles can and will happen. We have a line in our mission statement that says "We expect and facilitate daily miracles." We were discussing this line when something came to my mind. It is found in the Bible Dictionary under Miracles: "Christianity is founded on the greatest of all miracles, the Resurrection of our Lord. If that be admitted, other miracles cease to be improbable." If Christ was laid in a tomb and then rose three days later, which I know He did, everything else can happen. As a missionary, I can find someone prepared to hear the gospel. I can reach the goals I have set. I know it can happen, but as we also discussed, we have to have faith; we have to be humble; we have to be obedient. 

Something that was funny though from this meeting was that Elder Gavarett talked briefly to missionaries that would be going home relatively soon. He told them to apply chapter 9 of Preach My Gospel in their lives as well as chapter 11. If you don't know what these chapters are, chapter 9 is about finding people and chapter 11 is about commitments... What was really funny was Elder Gavarett asked a question about chapter 11 and what we should do in our first lesson, still regarding post mission. Some elder said, "Establish expectations." We all laughed pretty hard at that one. The actual answer was leave a commitment, which always starts with "will you...". So basically we were all told that post mission we need to find someone and get married lol. 

Another funny moment from this week. We were teaching our investigator Caleb. Right before the lesson, he and his friend had gotten food and were eating when we came over. He said the opening prayer and he said this in his prayer: "We are grateful for this meal that smells so good that the sisters can't eat. Sorry about that." We were trying so hard not to laugh, but we couldn't contain it. 

Yet another time we laughed this week- we knocked on a door while finding. No one answered, and I turn around and run straight into the wind chime with my head. The center of it was the shape of Texas, so we made the joke that I was keeping Texas in my heart and my head.

Also, Sister Csolity and I were asked to sing at a baptism. We did. But we asked two other sisters to help us because I'm not the best singer and Sister Csolity is worse than me, so there was that. 

Overall, Sister Csolity and I laughed a lot this week. 

Love you all. Have a great week!
Sister Smith

Pre-baptism singing


Temple view during morning walk

Proof that we san, except they accidentally put Sister Csolity's first name on the program...

It's never too late to make a Halloween cake lol

Margo snuck in this week....

When you don't get wrapping paper...


My white elephant gift I ended up with. I first got a tie and another YSA member said that I should give it to an elder... instead, someone stole it from me and I ended up with organic conditioner

No comments:

Post a Comment