Monday, February 19, 2018

IT’S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Do do do doooo. Do do do do dooo...

Now that that song is stuck in your head, this week was pretty good. Getting down to the end, and people in my area know it, so I keep getting asked how much longer I have. There’s even people I don’t even remember telling, but somehow lots of people know. I have loved this area though.

This week, as in all weeks as a missionary, there were some great ups, but there were also a few downs.

One of the downs was that we get a text from Sister Wolf saying that visits to her and her kids are going to have to stop since the kids’ father is coming back into the picture (and he doesn’t really like the church...). I wanted to cry. I was so sad when I read that text.

On a better note, we had a couple of good lessons with the Waters where Larry was more coherent and with it than he has been for awhile. So those were some awesome lessons, and I’m really hoping Larry starts to turn around a little more real soon. 

I had a funny story with flowers on Valentine’s Day. So my mom sent me flowers via a member, Sister Jensen. So Sister Jensen tricked us to coming to her house so that I could get the flowers we thought were for me. As I opened them and read the note, the note started, “To my favorite Jensen family in Arizona”... Turns out Sister Jensen’s parents had sent her flowers, too. I thought about just playing it off, but I decided it would be more awkward if my flowers came later. We all got a good laugh out of it (and I also got a Diet Coke, so that was a bonus). 

We also went on exchanges. I went to Sister McEwen’s area, and a cool experience that I had was we were just reading from The Book of Mormon was a convert, and I started asking some questions to help this person try to apply the scriptures to himself, and I was trying to get at that our “promised land” should be eternal life. Well, later on, Sister McEwen was talking to me about the lesson, and apparently a member had told her and her companion that they should probably review eternal life with him. And then there I was directing the conversation towards eternal life without even knowing the member had told them that. The Spirit is real y’all! I feel like often times I follow the Spirit with our really knowing it. 

I hope everyone is doing well, and I will be seeing y’all real soon!
Sister Smith

My Valentine’s Day gift

Lunch with Sister Gloschat today!

No comments:

Post a Comment