Wednesday, February 7, 2018

A true “Southern” girl

So my whole mission, I have served along Southern Ave here in Mesa. I was thinking about that last week, and I came to the conclusion that it’s just because I truly am a southern girl haha
I also unintentionally made a pun (but no one realized except for me). At dinner, I made some whipped cream, and it took forever. We shared a dinner message on patience, and I said, “Sometimes, the Lord just wants to ‘whip’ us into shape.” Like I said, I was the only one noticed, so it wasn’t that great I guess...

Anyways, this week was pretty good. It was about normal. We had a few good contacts with some people that needed to be contacted (like a PMF and some less actives and stuff). One experience was really cool. There’s a convert in one of our wards of about 2 years. We found out a couple of weeks ago that she has never actually read through The Book of Mormon all the way through yet. It was Monday night, and we didn’t have much planned, so we texted her to see if we could come read with her. As we were reading her, she told us that she was feeling a little guilty about missing church the day before since she was sick, but she decided she would read from The Book of Mormon (I think just a chapter a week). And then we showed up to read with her! We also invited her to an FHE last night, and it was the first time she had ever had or been to an FHE, so that was also great.

One of the things I love about being a missionary is seeing people change, even if it is just in their attitude from the time we get to their house to the time that we leave. We had a lesson with another convert who is working on coming back to church and receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood. When we first got there, he wasn’t in the best mood, but as he answered his questions, he could feel the Spirit, and he was in such a good mood after. And he even said, “Well, that definitely wasn’t a waste of my time!” Which is always good to hear about a lesson haha

We had another awesome lesson with Nadia. She really just is great, and she is already so involved in missionary work, and it’s just so natural for her. 

We had another 10 Sunday at the church building, but I loved the sacrament hymn we sang in one of the wards. The fourth verse has a line that says, “I have loved thee as thy friend, With a love that cannot end.” I love this so much because Christ really is our friend, and He loves us so much, and it really does never end. 

Anyways, I hope each of you guys had a great week! Love y’all!
Sister Smith

Ice Cream and Book of Mormon reading with Sister Murrane

Sunset

Temple Trip



“Moving” The tree that’s in the way 😂

Downtown explorin' once more




No comments:

Post a Comment