Thursday, September 21, 2017

"I feel so high!"

So on Tuesday, I drove a Nissan Rogue that was assigned to Sister Godfrey's area in the mission because it needed to get the tires checked, and Sister Godfrey can't drive. It was really weird to drive though because I have driven smaller cars since I started my mission. I turned to Sister Godfrey and said, "I feel so weird. I feel so high!" Out of context, it could be really bad haha
And then today during zone sports, we were playing chair soccer. The ball hit the tables, and the tables leaning up against the wall fell over, and someone else got the ball. Thus, I said, "the tables have turned." At least Hermana Young laughed and said that she misses those jokes (since she was my roommate last transfer). 

Anyways, this week was crazy and weird in a way. Sister Talbot went home, and so I was companions with Sister Godfrey for about 24 hours (and this is my fourth time thus far to be companions with her without being on an exchange with an STL or something). It was good though because we were able to make plans on how we wanted to transition Saprina from my area to her area (since she covers the YSA ward). We also went finding in a part of her area Monday night, and it reminded me of my first area, which I am glad I don't serve in anymore. I guess I just got used to going into areas and neighborhoods like the ones we went into Monday night, but now I am not used to it. 

Tuesday, I got Sister Clark. Then, we had dinner. Dinner got pushed back a little because the members we were eating with invited their neighbor to also come and have dinner, but she couldn't make it until 5:30. Needless to say, we waited for the neighbor. Tuesday night, I learned Apple is the forbidden fruit. I was showing the 20 min Restoration video. We were using Apple TV, and it just didn't want to work properly. We got it to at least start playing, but couldn't get it full screen. Then, when it was time for the First Vision, it started cutting the sound in and out. Therefore, Apple is of the devil lol. 
When we went home Tuesday night, it was weird to walk into our apartment and not have anyone else there since I have always had roommates while on my mission. It's kinda lonely in a way, but it is also nice to have my own bathroom and closet. Pros and cons to everything. 

Another exciting thing that happened this week is we got locked out of the church building. For some reason, our key no longer works. This presented a problem when we wanted to have a lesson on Friday in the church, and our key was not working (which we found out right before the lesson). Our investigator was already in a bad mood, and this didn't help. This lesson ended up with the investigator yelling at me and the member who brought her and then storming off to walk home. We had a drop lesson the next day...

On the bright side, we had 10 INVESTIGATORS AT CHURCH this week!! The Cannan family came for the first time, plus a friend of the wolf family who wants to take the missionary lessons and be baptized. And then we had some others who come pretty regularly. Also, Christian and Aaron received the priesthood this week, so that was awesome!

So yeah. Just another week of missionary work!
I love y'all!
Sister Smith

When this is your face in the first pic with your new companion (it was jokingly because she accidentally hit my bun)

Space Team reunite! (It's a joke we have from our last apt when we lived together. Now the companionships are mixed up)

Look! I killed my breakfast in my bathroom ðŸ˜·

I finally found faith! 

Weekly dog pic

No comments:

Post a Comment