Thursday, March 30, 2017

Talent/Blessing or Curse

So this week, I was apparently extra tired because I feel asleep
multiple times throughout the week in various places. I fell asleep on
a park bench while my comp was doing language study (it's a long story
as to why we were doing studies on a park bench), on some chairs while
doing personal study at the church (another long story as to why we
were doing personal study at the church and not at our apt), and I
also fell asleep at our apt on the floor during exercise time, fell
asleep at my desk during personal study, and also fell asleep during
weekly planning on my bed. Sister Daquioag was like, "that's a talent
that you can fall asleep in random places and positions." I responded
that sometimes it can be a curse though.

Anyways, this week was alright. There were highs and lows. I'm not
going to talk about the lows though.
We had FHE with a family in one of our wards on Monday, and that was
fun and relaxing. On Tuesday, we had district meeting, and I gave a
training on the why of repentance. I basically made this flowchart
type thing with 3 different types of people on why those types of
people repent. I wish I could explain it more, but it's kinda hard to
type it all out. I definitely learned a lot from preparing it though.
We got to go to the temple on Thursday, and it was so nice to be able
to go! We all felt like it had been forever since we last went since
it had been like three months. It was just so peaceful and relaxing to
be in the temple. There is nothing that compares to being in the
temple, or even just on temple grounds. And it was nice to talk to
some other missionaries from another zone that we don't see very
often.
On Sunday, we did splits during church so I could go to the care
center church service. For some reason, it was just very refreshing
for me to be there and helped put me in a better mood a little bit.
It's just cool to see so many people come to the service who aren't
even members of the church, but they come because they enjoy it. Some
can't even say an understandable sentence, but they come. And I love
it.
We also did a lot of service this week. Most of this service was yard
work, pulling weeds. It just got me thinking though as we were pulling
the weeds about their roots. When you pull lots of weeds, you notice
that they have different roots, and this can be compared to our
testimony. There are some weeds that have strong deep roots, and some
even just have a single deep root, and when you try to pull it, you
can't get the whole root. Some have lots of roots, but they are
shallow and aren't very strong. Sometimes, we have solid testimonies
based on multiple principles of the gospel, and sometimes we might
just have a solid testimony based off of one or two principles of the
gospel, but they are strong and people can't "pull us out of the
ground." There are some people who have testimonies that are based off
of multiple principles of the gospel, but it is not solid, so "that
when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in
the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat
upon" them, they are pulled out. So yeah, we need to strive to have
strong, deep roots.

Love y'all!

Sister Smith

District funny pictures with Elder Riding as a giant haha


When people keep walking out of the temple
 as you are trying to take a picture...

Sister Sio--my sister (both trained by Sister Leavitt)


District (again) at the temple

Weekly planning nap, with edits

Shoutout to my ward mission leader, Brother Linford,
for engraving my name on my scriptures

No comments:

Post a Comment