Monday, October 24, 2016

I don't take offense. I don't even take a gate!

-As said by a member from our family ward when we were teaching her

Also, fun fact. I learned from another sister in our apartment that the cat's name around our apartment is not Marco, but rather it is Margo...

Anyways, this week was exhausting, but it was a solid week. We were able to find 7 new investigators this week! Although, we will have to pass 2 of them off to the family ward since we found them in our YSA area, and they need to go to a family ward. I'm sad we have to pass them off because they seem so ready to hear and accept the gospel, but as long as they hear it, it will be okay haha.

We also had one investigator, actually the one who walked out of the lesson last week, come to church for the first time in a while. His name is Ali, and since last week, he has started to progress more than he has the whole time we have been in the area. He is showing more of a desire to fully change so that he can be baptized. We are all so excited about this!

On Saturday, we had an opportunity to be apart of a service project where we helped clean up trash around the Salt River. For those of you who have been to Galveston, the river area kinda smelled like Galveston... A lot of the missionaries helped out though, and I think one of the other stakes was hosting it. So there were lots of people there. Things that were found by various people while picking up trash: 
-a couple sets of car keys
-a phone
-a set of bed sheets (found by me...)
Also, I think chapstick is a common thing to lose because I found about 10 things of it in a small area. 

This week, I was also pondering how our past experiences can help us keep our testimony when we are going through trials. I love Elder Rasband's talk from conference, "Lest Thou Forget." I would like to share two quotes from it.
"I encouraged them, as I encourage you now, to recall, especially in times of crisis, when you felt the Spirit and your testimony was strong; remember the spiritual foundations you have built."

" In the midst of life’s greatest storms, do not forget your divine heritage as a son or daughter of God or your eternal destiny to one day return to live with Him, which will surpass anything the world has to offer. Remember the tender and sweet words of Alma: “Behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?”
To all who feel the need to have their faith fortified, I plead with you, do not forget! Please do not forget." 

There are times when we have to rely on our past experiences to keep us moving forward. We can't forget those times when we felt the Spirit, those times when we knew our testimony was gained or strengthened. We will all face hard times, but we have to keep moving forward and never doubt those things we felt in the past. I know in my life that I have had to rely on past experiences and the testimony I had then to get through whatever I was going through. Never forget. 

With much love,
Sister Smith 

Shoutout to Sister Tracy for the gift bag

Shoutout to Stephanie for getting us Canes for dinner on Tuesday


That time we accidentally left the mission boundaries because the road is weird and we couldn't turn... So in this picture, you can see our mission and we aren't in it... oops ðŸ™Š 


Post service lunch with other missionaries (sorry the pic is so dark...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment