Monday, October 3, 2016

I don't have mushroom

So we went to organ stop pizza again with a different member, and we got some fried mushrooms. I tried one and they didn't taste too bad, they just were very spongy... But the member was trying to get us to eat more of them at the end of dinner, and I responded "Sorry, but I don't have mushroom left in my stomach." Lol

Anyways, this week was busy. We had lots of lessons and lots of finding and ended up finding 6 new investigators this week! Because of this, we should be pretty busy this week teaching. We have an awesome missionary opportunity coming up on Friday this week too! Gladys Knight is putting on a fireside with her choir that she directs and there is going to be music and Gladys night is going to bear her testimony and talk about how she knows the church is true. Before people leave, they can request a bag with a demo cd of her choir, a Book of Mormon, and a restoration DVD. As missionaries, we will then deliver these bags and try to set up return appointments to teach. So I'm excited for all of that!

I also had my first exchange this week, Wednesday into Thursday. It was weird being in a different area, especially one that has legit neighborhoods (because my area right now doesn't really have neighborhoods lol). But it was great and I was able to learn a lot and recognize more easily my strengths and talents. It was also great because I got to pet a lot of dogs, including some labs ðŸ˜Š 

General Conference this weekend was absolutely amazing! As missionaries, we loved how so many of the lessons we teach were addressed in a talk- The Restoration, Plan of Salvation, The Gospel of Jesus Christ, and even the Word of Wisdom. I feel like a lot of the talks really just got down to the basics of the gospel. We all need to focus more on the basics to strengthen our faith and our testimony and then add upon it.

Love all y'all! 
Sister Smith
I found a puppy! Haha
Photobomb: Sister Jensen




My District

No comments:

Post a Comment