Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Wake me up when September ends

Well, it is now October. Time sure does fly by, whether we want it to or not.

This week was good. Nothing too exciting.
There was General Conference, which was great as always. I personally
felt like there was a huge emphasis on trusting in the Lord, service,
The Book of Mormon, and following the prophet's counsel. It is always
cool that there seems to be a few topics that are really focused on
each General Conference, and it is always inspired by the Spirit.
Also, I love how we can learn so much from the general authorities in
the church. I was reading in 3 Nephi 1:24-25, and it talks about how
some people misinterpreted the scriptures, but then they came to a
knowledge that they had done that. I think it is fantastic that we can
have the scriptures clarified by listening to and reading conference
talks as well as anything else that is given unto us by the leaders of
the church. We have so many resources to gain knowledge!

Something that was fun and cool this week was that we went to Mutual
for one of our wards. They had a fire, and after eating hot dogs,
different youth and youth leaders were called on to share an
experience that they have had with the scriptures. The Spirit was so
strong as each one testified of the scriptures and the different
experiences they have had finding peace, comfort, and answers through
the scriptures. The scriptures really are true!

On Saturday, I wasn't feeling super great at all. We had a lesson with
Larry and Maria that night, and it is amazing how the Lord provides a
way for us to accomplish His work and purpose because during that
lesson, I didn't really feel sick. I know it was by the power of the
Lord I was able to make it through that lesson.

Anyways, not much else from this week. I hope y'all had a great week!
Love you guys!
Sister Smith


Missionary parking for district meeting

 Quick sunset pic

No comments:

Post a Comment