Thursday, October 12, 2017

Mode of transportation

So we had a district meeting at the Mission President's home this past week, and after we were eating lunch. We were talking about biking, and President Townsend asked what Sister Clark did with her bike. She said she locked it on our back porch. He then asked me if I had a bike, and I said no. Sister Young (my old roommate) told me right after I responded no to not having a bike to not use the broom out on the back porch because they had used it to kill some spiders. Knowing her, I knew her train of thought. President Townsend, on the other hand, thought she was telling me not to use the broom to fly around as a way to get around since I didn't have bike. We got a good laugh out of that one. (It was probably funnier if you were there and not just reading it)

Anyways, not much to report from my area this week. The investigators we have been working with are still progressing. No one new really. 
We did get a new area book app--Area Book Planner 2.0. We are... adjusting to it to say the least. Apparently, a lot of missionaries have complained about it since we got an email from the APs saying that we need to be patient in learning how to use it. 

I want to add an experience from this week though. On Thursday morning, I felt a little discouraged about how our day was going to turn out. I had this new area book I was trying to use and trying to plan with, we had a couple lessons already cancelled, we didn't have a dinner set up, and I was on exchanges, so my companion at the time couldn't really help me plan too much. I didn't know what we we going to do for the day. The Lord took this day that I thought was going to be terrible, and He filled it with little miracles to make it a pretty great day. I sent a fb message to an investigator with a scripture, and she responded saying that she needed that right at that moment. We went to contact a referral, who I was pretty sure wasn't going to be home, but I felt like we should try. He wasn't home. But then we saw one of our new investigators, whose lesson fell through the day before, walk around the corner. We were able to go and talk with her for a short time and set up another appointment. We had another good lesson with one of our investigators. We ended up with a dinner. We had a good lesson with a family in the ward. And because one of our lessons fell through, we were able to contact someone else and have a good lesson with them. So all in all, everything worked out, and the Lord helped me and really had everything planned. Then, I was reading in 3 Nephi 13 where Christ tells the disciples He has just called to basically not worry about temporal needs and such, and He will take care of them. He just did that for me! 

On Saturday, we did help out with a triathalon. I waved an orange flag for 2-2.5 hours to try to get drivers attention so that they wouldn't hit the bicyclists. My arm did get a little tired after a bit, but it was fun to help out. And it was fun to see how impatient some people are when driving lol

Yesterday, during one of our testimony meetings, there were some silences. But I looked over at our investigators who were sitting next to us, and they were reading The Book of Mormon! It is always great to see those you are working with reading The Book of Mormon. Also, we had authentic Louisiana gumbo last night for dinner that our investigator Nadia made for us. It was so good (especially after fasting all day)! 

So yeah. I love y'all! Have a great week!
Sister Smith

Kinda slacking on pics the past couple of weeks. And no weekly dog pic again ðŸ˜­

Dinner at Nadia's with the lemon blueberry trifle

Dinner at Nadia's with the lemon blueberry trifle

No comments:

Post a Comment