Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Speak now or forever hold your peace or piece



I was wanting to clean a pan we used for brownies, but there was a
little bit left. I asked if anyone else wanted the brownie that was
left. I said "speak now or forever your peace." Sister Clark said, "It
looks like you are holding your piece... of brownie." Needless to say,
I ate it lol

Anyways, the saddest thing happened this week. We found out that our
investigator Roger had to move because his house went into
foreclosure. The realtor we talked to when we went to try to contact
Roger at his house told us he is now living in Reno, but we haven't
been able to get ahold him. We were really sad because he was
progressing and was probably going to get baptized soon. We just hope
he runs into missionaries while he is there and picks up where he left
off.

Nothing else too exciting from this week though. We did a lot of
finding, but haven't been too successful yet. Oh, we went to
Whataburger on Friday before our weekly BINGO with the girls (as we
call it). Man, did I miss Whataburger. I haven't had it in almost a
year, but it was delicious. It was also fun at bingo because we
invited some elders to come as well, and it just added a different
dynamic. At the end of playing bingo, we always sing hymns or
occasionally primary songs to the residents at the care home we play
bingo with, and one of the nurses always looks like she is touched by
them. Maybe one day that will turn into a bigger missionary
opportunity.

Also, monsoon season is upon us, and I love it! It reminds me of home
when I see lightning and hear thunder and feel the rain. I could pass
on some of the humidity though.

Spiritual thought for the week: In the last two Sundays, the relief
societies have talked about the talk "Songs Sung and Unsung" by Elder
Holland. I love it because we all have a place and a purpose. We all
have different talents and abilities, but we are all needed. I would
encourage y'all to go back and look at it.

Love y'all! Have a fantastic week!
Sister Smith
For sale sign in front of Roger's home. My comment about this pic to Sister Wade was, "You must be this tall to baptize someone in this area"

Dog pic 1

Whataburger! (I was tempted to take the number, but I didn't)

Dog pic 2

Dog pic 3

When you fall asleep during church and drop your pink cookie/wafer thing
(btw, he picked it up and ate later...)

Playing in the rain. That is a retention basin,
and it was completely empty yesterday before it started to rain.

Krazy Air

 When your comp misses you


Pday fridge cleaning fun
Mom comment: THIS IS NOT SAFE
FILE UNDER DUMB THINGS YOUR KIDS DO

I can do a backflip now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment