Friday, November 24, 2017

Baptism of Waters or Waters of Baptism


So Maria was baptized yesterday! And her last name is Waters. So yeah,
there was someone who entered into the waters of baptism, and there
was a baptism of Waters.

Maria's baptism was good though. It was "fourth hour" for Skyline Ward
since her baptism happened right after church. She gave a good
testimony, and everything was just very simple. Her daughter even came
to the baptism as well. And Sister Clark and I sang "Beautiful
Savior." It wasn't my best performance ever, but Maria's daughter did
tell me that I had a really beautiful singing voice (which I would
have never imagined anyone ever telling me that in my life).

I did go on exchanges with Sister Harkleroad in her area this week. It
was kinda weird because it's right next to my old area, and she lives
with the Sisters that are now in my old area. It just brought back
some memories. It was kinda cool because I was able to look at all the
people the sisters in my old area are working with, and they are still
working with a lot of the same people I was working with, and quite a
few of them have progressed even more since I left. Sometimes, we get
to see the fruits of our efforts in our areas, and sometimes we don't,
but it is always nice to be able to see what has happened since
leaving an area.

I guess a miracle that happened this week was we were just visiting
some members trying to get to know about some of their neighbors who
are former investigators. We came to one member's home, and we set up
a time to get to know this family a little better. Turns out that the
wife's mom who is living with them is not a member. We talked some,
and they actually set up a return appointment with us so that we can
come back and share The Restoration video with her and talk about it.
It's always nice when members help out, but it also shows that we have
to get to know the members before anything happens often times.

Also, this past week, we had to clean our car seat because there were
some stains. We had a member's help us with it, and then we had to
drive home. Since the seat was still wet, my companion sat in the back
seat. It was the weirdest feeling driving without anyone in the
passenger seat since I haven't done it in over a year. It's almost
like I felt empty, even though she was still in the car.

We also had an interesting contact that could have turned out a lot
more interesting than it actually did. So we go and knock of this door
of a neighbor that a member told us to stop by. She answers the door.
She was super friendly and told us that it wasn't a good time because
she was entertaining some guests. We look behind her, and we see
sitting on her couch 2 nuns and a catholic priest. She ended up having
us come in so she could give us some water (which we actually said we
were fine at the door) and she introduced us as "their Mormon
friends." We just introduced ourselves, got the water, and left. It
was a little weird, but like I said us coming in could have turned out
a lot different than it did.

Anyways, something that really stood out to me as I was studying this
week was 1 Nephi 14:14- "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the
power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the
church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were
scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with
righteousness and with the power of God in great glory." I love this
because there are a lot of things that go on in our lives and the
adversary is trying to tempt us and lead us away in so many ways, but
the Lord strengthens us and gives us power to overcome those things so
that we can build up His kingdom and return to live with Him. But, we
have to keep our covenants and be apart of that "covenant people" to
receive those blessings.

I love y'all!
Sister Smith

Awkward family district pic (including matching shirts courtesy of Sister Clark's mom)

Another pic from Nadia's baptism because it's a great pic and much
better than iPad quality

Looked up this word, and definition 2 stood out to me. #nerdlife #ChemE

Weekly dog pic

Empty seat...

MARIA'S BAPTISM!

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment